Sunday 7 July 2013

"and then I went away for a week."

I wrote like three lines of a post explaining that I was going to be kind of absent during this week and then I forgot to post it. Sorry guys. I went away for a week to go stay in a different city for work experience. (I know, possibly a bit unnecessary, but there aren't very many physics/chemistry/engineering places near where I live, and my placement was absolutely perfect, so I can't complain.)

So any of you here at the suggestion of the wonderful Emma, I apologise.

So yeah, I was going to write something before but Wimbledon happened and because I am a person in Britain this is a BIG DEAL

Here are some of my summer plans:

I considered doing Camp NaNoWriMo this month. (I lost last year in case you didn't guess, and didn't try again in November because I am a lazy muppet.) However, I eventually decided against it because:
a) work experience
b) a ton of summer projects
c) I'm maybe going away on this camp thing for three weeks on the 14th of July and I won't have a laptop how am I going to live

And those things may have made it very difficult.

However, I am going to try to aim to write around 1000 words a day in new stories (when I'm at home. I'm no superhuman), as requested by the three wonderful people who did a little bit of voting on my poll (if you're reading this and you haven't voted yet... go do it!!). I'm probably going to start with W101 short stories featuring various characters and then later on in the summer move into a probably decent-length IRL AU with the characters we know and love (or mildly dislike in some cases) from TTOAS.

Anyway, for those of you who are interested, and to encourage me to actually follow through with these on the grounds that if I'm being observed I'm more likely to feel bad if I don't do them, these are some of the things I want to do this summer:
  • Write a lot!
  • Practice piano and saxophone a lot!
  • Do extra maths work!
  • Do extra history work!
  • Become more politically aware!
  • Plan sessions for the club I'm running next year!
  • Read all the books on my summer reading list!
  • Finish building the TARDIS I started last year!
  • Index all the books I own!
  • Clear out my bedroom!
  • Keep a summer scrapbook!
  • Draw and do art more!
  • Use lots of exclamation marks!
  • (Clearly!)
....annnnd I think I've bored you enough. More posts - and more importantly, more writing (and more noticeably more use of the word 'more') - are to come, but for now,

Diviner OUT!

1 comment:

  1. Duuude that's a long list... I wish you luck!! I'm rooting for writing and piano. Ever heard of 'To Zanarkand'? Just learned it on piano and am working on it with the harp, and think it's the most awesomest sounding thing in the world :D

    I've mostly been hanging in front of the computer being completely unproductive... (Though I'd argue the point that is aids my future career as a video game designer...)

    Aw, you're wonderful too :) Can't wait to read your stuff!

    ReplyDelete

Oh, are you going to comment? That's great! Go on! Don't let me distract you. Just type away...