Sunday 17 July 2011

Post DH2 Post

Ok, I know this is mostly completely irrelevant, but I saw Deathly Hallows Part 2 yesterday morning (I would have seen it on the first night but it was my sister's graduation from university in the morning and we stayed in the place of her university which is quite far away from where I live and we didn't get home until late in the evening and everyone was tired and grumpy so I just said I'd go at the next showing after midnight, which was at 9am in the morning, today)!

So obviously now I feel the irrefutable urge to splatter my thought-paint over the internet, because I can no longer contain my excitement. (My family aren't as Potter-obsessed as I am, and are probably sick of the subject, and I have no Potterhead friends...)

NOTE: I've cut this post because I know not everyone has seen it yet and you probably want to be kept unspoiled, right? Anyway, click on the link which should be down a few lines for my bullet points of opinion. (I was going to put the bullet points of doom, but I don't think they are exactly doom-ish, if you know what I mean... So I just put opinion, which doesn't quite have the same ring to it, but it gets the point across quite nicely and I am rambling.)

So, let me just grab my vortex manipulator, because... Spoilers!


First things first: I genuinely thought this was the best movie of all of them. Absolutely mind-blowing. 

THINGS I LOVED
  • The Gringotts scene. This was almost exactly as I imagined it in the books (except the creepy look on Bogrod's face... eerk) and the graphics on the dragon were amazing. It was like "ROAR" and I was like "dragon!" and it was like "ROAR" and I was like "dragon!" and you get the idea. Still, it was really, really good.
  • Snape. While, in the books, I refused to feel much sympathy for Snape even after I'd heard his story, I can't deny that the Snape's-memories-in-the-penseive scene was just... ahhh. (You may have noticed I lose what little eloquence I have in situations where I have to describe something.) It was amazing. (I use that word a lot.)
  • McGonagall. I personally thought McGonagall was one of the best characters in this film (along with Snape - oh, and Neville, who I'll get to in a minute) and this was just the bestest line ever. Possibly. :D SO GOOD. And the throwback to Seamus always blowing stuff up was just one of those little squee moments for me. It was a weird feeling, like the "it's-all-coming-together" feeling but with more of a sense of finality, if that makes any sense.
  • That bit at the end where Filch is trying to clean up the piles of rock with a broom. I nearly died.
  • The epilogue. Ahhhhhhh. This was almost exactly how I imagined it. Though Draco looked a bit... weird. Haha.
  • OH MY GOD NEVILLE was amazing. (I really use that word too often... Guess it wasn't as bad as my "fantastic" 9th doctor phase... haha) ahhh. Supermegafoxyawesomehot, anyone? Seriously, this was the film where Neville, who has been one of my favouritest characters ever, finally got to be the awesome one. And his speech at the end was so great. Oh, and Neville and Luna! FINALLY. The little fanfiction freak inside me has always "shipped" those two. I was so, so happy to see that one. I know it isn't book-canon. But it should be. aaaaaahhhhhh yay!
I'm not even gonna try and nitpick this one because I'm pretty much still amazed at how awesome it was, so...
QUOTES I LOVED
  • "They're supposed to be out of bed, you blithering idiot!" --McGonagall, to Filch.
  • "Harry Potter, you will listen to me right now!" --Luna, to Harry Potter.
  • "OH YEAH? YOU AND WHOSE ARMY?" --Neville, to an army.
  • "I seem to recall you have a particular flair for pyrotechnics, Mr. Finnigan." --McGonagall, to a borderline Irish pyromaniac.
  • "Always." --Snape, said with an enormous amount of agshifjkhsjadglhb
  • "BOOM!" --McGonagall, in response to Neville's question of "boom?"
  • "ROAR" --Ukrainian Ironback, roughly translated as "I HATE YOU STUPID GOBLINS"
  • "I've always wanted to use that spell!" --McGonagall, after making suits of armour defend the castle.
  • "Have you seen Luna?" "No, why?" "I'm mad about her, and I figured I should probably tell her since we're both probably going to be dead by dawn" --Neville, in the middle of a battle.
Argh. Basically, it was amazing. And I had to splurge all over the internet.


In a somewhat related note, I've got an idea for a HP fanfiction which has been sitting in my head for a long while... I won't bore you with the details, but anyone interested? Either way I'll probably stick it on my ff.net account. Don't worry too much - I swear I won't even start planning until part seven is done. Sorry about that. I'm working on it. And an edited part 6 because I really hate that part... Gack.

So, anyway. Done! I have managed to stay up until midnight reading stuff, so goodnight. I'm tired.

Diviner OUT!

3 comments:

  1. The HP part 2 was pretty good. But I still like the 3rd one best and I'm still peeved they totally ruined the fourth one in movie form. But still.... they had a lot of good quotes and scenes. Though they did cut some out of the epilogue.
    I think the best part of the whole movies was when Harry looked into Snape's memories. They went up and over on that I personally think.
    And it's kinda of weird that you posted on sunday the 17th at midnight and I'm reading this on sunday 17th at 9:30 in the morning. OMG time differences!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the best part of the whole movie was when neville killed nagini :)
    and that hug between draco and Voldemort? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Emma: Yeah, I love the third one too. And the fourth one was... argh. No Dobby - what can I say? And YES the penseive bit was positively INCREDIBLE. I loved it. Also, time differences are very weird indeed...

    @Shoey: ...I have to agree. I love Neville so much. And the draco-voldy hug made me lol too. :D

    ReplyDelete

Oh, are you going to comment? That's great! Go on! Don't let me distract you. Just type away...