Tuesday 17 July 2012

Newses. (contains important stuffs.)

I has some newses.

First
You can now email me (if you like)! My address is alexstormrider08@gmail.com. So if you ever want to chat...go for it! Let's all be friends! :D (seriously...I like having friends...)

Second
You may have noticed this, but my theme has changed. Ooh, shiny. :)

Third
I kind of... got... google+? Yeah, I don't really know, either, but it seemed like a good idea at the time.


So if
a) you have google plus and want to add me, or
b) don't have google plus and want to join and add to circles and things (?) (I still haven't figured it out yet)


then clicky on the button on the side which says something about it. See you there, dudes.


Fourth
My final point is that... things are a-changing around here.


Not in a bad way. But things will definitely be changing.

I was considering... maybe... moving?

I just think... maybe there are other sites where we can interact with each other more.

The wizblogger community is diminishing - that can't be denied. So, ask yourself: why? Why are so many people either leaving outright or neglecting to post? I doubt it's because of the community. Everyone loves the community.


I think that it isn't very... "sustainable" to blog only about W101. For example: personally, I love the game, and all of the people who participate in it...but I think the reason I have so many prolonged hiatuses on this blog - including the mega one I just returned from - is because I feel obligated to just post about the game. Perhaps that's the problem. Eventually, people get bored of it. They stop posting. They leave.

But I really really really don't want to lose contact with any of you wonderful wizards who I've made kinda-sorta-online-friends with. You guys are awesome! Honestly, if I hadn't had people reading and commenting on even the most mundane of posts, I would have left long before now. So I have no intention of leaving the W101 community for good.

The thing is, a blog seems a pretty one-sided way to keep things up. Yes, you can comment, but it's not as rewarding a level of interaction as other sites give nowadays. It's often one person saying something and the others can - in a way - respond. One of blogger's major flaws, in my opinion, is the severely limited scope for conversation and discussion.
In short, things are changing because a) I might be moving to a different type of site and b) I don't think I will exclusively be posting about Wizard101 any more. 
I was thinking of perhaps using Tumblr? I don't know much about it but it seems an interesting medium for interaction... and there are already a few W101 related "tumblogs" on there. There are features for conversation and messaging and something I really like is the ability to repost (or "reblog") other people's content.

But...I don't want to go if all my friends are staying here.

So, is anyone willing to join me?

I'd really like to hear everyone or anyone's thoughts on this. There's a poll on the side and I'd really appreciate it if you posted a comment with your opinions.

Diviner OUT!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, I've heard of Tumblr through authors making it for their books, but really I know nothing about it. I guess I'll do some research about it too. If if sounds cool, I'll join you!!

    And in other responding: got your email, your theme is dizzying but cool, and when I tried google+ my computer crashed. So I don't think I'll be seeing you there :(

    Anyway, glad you're back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I can join you, but even you don't end up going if all your friends stay here that's cool too. I'll probably just be too shy to ever post anything anyway ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Oh, are you going to comment? That's great! Go on! Don't let me distract you. Just type away...