Sunday 18 December 2011

The Seventh Day of Awesome: Conquering boredom

On the seventh day of awesome, this here wiz presents:
Seven things to do
Six cakes a-baking
Five videos
Four awesome mounts
Three awesome things
Two festive poems
And a post excusing her absence...


Hello, internet! You know, I'm not doing so badly at this regular posting lark. I'm posting quite late today because it has been a big, big day! (Forever Day, obviously.)

So, I was thinking. I have three long weeks of Christmas holiday stretching in front of me as far as the eye can see. (It's metaphorical, right? Yeah.) And I don't like holidays, because sometimes they get boring. There's nothing to do! But wait! Yes there is! And here are some excellent things to do if you get a spare day during the holidays.

Again... a list. This is getting boring, isn't it? Tomorrow will be better, I promise.

  1. Bake cookies. Or a cake. Or cupcakes. Or-- never mind. What? It's fun! I mean, I cannot cook to save my life - I burn almost everything (maybe I'm a little pyromancery...) and if I don't, I undercook it. But there is something so awesome about eating cookies you made all by yourself, even if they taste a little... funny. Not that I would know...
  2. Go outside. This one's hard, especially for people like me, who spend approximately 80% of their free time staring at a computer screen in the safety of their bedroom. All that... fresh air. So terrifying. But sometimes it can be fun! Take a pet for a walk! Climb a tree! Jump on a car! ... On second thoughts, maybe don't do the last one.
  3. Read a book. Yay, books! I love books! (Soon to come: a post on recommended reading. Yeah, I've had that one in the works for ages, but I haven't had time to implement it properly yet.) 
  4. Write a story. What? Why...Why are you looking at me like that? It's not like I have a story I should be writing instead of telling everyone to jump on cars... Nope. Definitely not.
  5. Draw pictures. Unleash your inner creativity! Get a paper and crayons and attack! With the power of art! Yay! Draw! Magic! Fun! What will you create? A dragon! Or a rocket ship! Or a goat with a jet pack! The possibilities are endless! So endless, in fact, that I have felt compelled to end every sentence and fragment in this section with an exclamation mark! Yay!
  6. Fill out pointless internet surveys! Yeah, I've done that. I've spent hours on that. Hogwarts house quizzes are always good (Ravenclaw), and myers-briggs personality type indicators. (INTP, is me.) Or tell me 10 random facts about yourself. Yeah, awesome.
  7. Play Wizard101. Well, what else could I possibly finish off with?
Diviner OUT!

2 comments:

  1. Responding to all of them one at a time if you don't mind. Either way that is your best post on the 'funny post' spectrum!

    1) I baked 101 cookies once. I've never burned anything (did boil all the water out of a pot once cause I left the stove on). The only other thing I can make is a boston cream pie. Made it three times and FAILED the second.
    2) jump.... on..... a.... car..... WHAT? Sorry, I never said that. lol. I can't go outside here because it's 12 degrees outside, I could take my dog for a walk but he'd freeze his tail off :( .
    3) I'm actually bookless. I just finished book two of the Infernal Devices. So I can't wait for your book list cause I'm dying without a book (plus my mom made me go into Barnes & Noble booksellers the other day and I couldn't get a book!)
    4) Lol, working on that. Reading my mind are you?
    5) DEFINITELY!!!!!!!!! (If I could draw.....) On occasion I can, but mostly it stinks and I think about whether or not my dad can use it for kindling a fire....?
    6) I did that on FB once. One was what dragon are you and I got storm dragon (OH YEAH!). But then I did it again and got like... life or nature dragon. Not bad, my second is life, but still.....
    7) Our PC is all filled up and wizard1201 can't run! So saddening I know.... :( :( :(

    Anywho, I'll stick with 1, 3 and 4. Best I can do at the moment.
    :)

    Either way, I've been out of school since wednesday sick so I've had lots of homework to catch up on. Just four more days and I have holiday break. Then I think I'll try baking 100 cupcakes.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alex (is consistently lazy)19 December 2011 at 21:25

    Aww, poor you! My school finished on Friday, but that's only 'cause it's smaller than most... And good luck with your cupcake quest! It should be delicious.

    And thaankk you! You're so lovely. :D

    ReplyDelete

Oh, are you going to comment? That's great! Go on! Don't let me distract you. Just type away...